Adult Leagues Coordinator
USTA North Carolina Director of Adult Leagues (Jenny Phelps)
- To promote tennis in North Carolina.
- To assist in the development, coordination and expansion of new and existing adult leagues through Parks and Recreation Depts., Community Tennis Associations, colleges and private clubs plus any other avenue for growth.
- To assist in the running of the Adult League State Championships
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Registration of Teams, hotel and site preparations for all Adult League State Championships
- Work with advancing State Championship teams to get them registered for the Sectional Championships
- Assist the Director of Adult Leagues in the coordination of annual League Coordinator Meetings, including hotel negotiations, purchasing and preparation of supplies, materials and agendas
- Work in conjunction with the NC State Championships Sub-Committee to research and evaluate possible event venues
- Assist Director of Adult Leagues with day-to-day operations of all Adult Leagues as needed.
- Assist any other staff member with tasks as requested
- Strong Computer Skills. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Good organizational skills
- Proven ability to plan, manage and execute multiple tasks simultaneously and on a deadline
- Strong customer service skills
- Positive demeanor and a proven customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must have the ability to drive around to various event locations throughout the state and the flexibility of schedule to do so as needed
- A love of tennis is required and a demonstrated background in tennis of at least 5 years
- Overnight travel is required
This is a nonexempt position. This position is based in the office in Greensboro and telecommuting is not an option.
Accepting Resumes beginning March 16, 2017
Begin Interviews week of March 27, 2017
Hire with all deliberate speed and accuracy to determine the best candidate
Start date is to be worked out in the hiring process but would like someone to start as soon as possible.